To Market to You
WHAT DATA WE COLLECT
Identity Data includes name and title.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
Contact Data includes address, email address and telephone numbers.
Publicly Available Data includes information that is publicly available on the internet or from public registers including Companies House, Registers of Scotland and others.
Transaction Data includes details of services you have purchased from us.
Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
Direct interactions. You may give us your personal data by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our products or services;
- subscribe to our publications; or
- request marketing to be sent to you.
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from public sources and from third parties, including Technical Data from analytics providers and search providers.
HOW WE PROCESS YOUR DATA
HOW WE SHARE YOUR DATA
In some instances, we may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table above.
- Service providers acting as processors who provide IT, document management and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors, who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- The police and other law enforcement agencies where it is necessary to do so for the purposes of providing you with our services or where we have a legal or regulatory obligation to do so.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, accounting, or reporting requirements.
THIRD PARTY MARKETING
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data; the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data; the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means; and the applicable legal requirements.
If we are relying on your consent as your lawful basis for processing, we will only retain your personal information for so long as we have your consent to do so.
We wil get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third parties for marketing purposes.
Although we hold your personal data in the UK, in some instances, we may transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring appropriate safeguards are implemented. Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.